Taking Care of Chattanooga Seniors
We understand that many seniors in our community depend on CHI Memorial for their health care services. Below we’ve compiled updates on our negotiations and a list of resources to help preserve your care.
If you’re one of the many seniors in our community who receive health care services from CHI Memorial, you may be concerned about news that CHI Memorial could leave BlueCross networks. We want to reassure you that we’re doing all we can to preserve your access to care. There are two things BlueCross wants our Medicare Advantage members to know:
- Our contract with CHI Memorial is valid through June 30, 2024. We are hopeful that CHI Memorial will work with us to reach a new agreement. And you don’t need to worry about where to get care.
- Even if CHI Memorial chooses to leave BlueCross networks, our 2024 Medicare Advantage plans include generous out-of-network benefits. That means you could keep using the same providers with additional low out-of-pocket costs, if CHI Memorial agrees to continue seeing our members.
- These BlueAdvantage out-of-network benefits include:
- PCP copay of just $10 PCP
- Specialist copay just $5 more than in-network specialist copay